Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Proposal


He wakes me up each day,
Singing songs so cheerfully gay.

He had me at his good morning dance,
Where he shook his booty à la Solange.

The dimwit struck a chord in my heart,
I knew it was love's first chance.

He was starstruck too,
His puppy face said it out too loud.

He got on his knees and took out a ring,
And popped me the question 'Would you be my Mrs. Bucky?'

I knew he was nervous,
'Coz I heard him break wind out loud.

I shied away for while,
I had to get a whiff of fresh air to survive.

I told him, I'll say yes on one condition -
You'll let me eat all the nuts you hide up your house?

'No problemo!' said my Romeo with excitement,
He grabbed his Juliet's hand and kissed her tight.

They didn't wait for the priest to pronounce them Man & Wife,
She packed her stuff and followed her Mr Bucktooth to his tree house.

There they lived happily ever after,
Fighting over the fruits and the nuts!


(My crazy and obviously imaginative conversation with Bucky the squirrel that lives on the tree outside my window)

This post was a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative 
for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda and it got selected among the topmost entries for WOW.
Here is the link: WOW winners for 'Creative Writing'

PETA: Please don't sue me for harboring strange desires of marrying a squirrel! 
Sue BlogAdda if you have to! They asked me to be creative!

6 comments:

  1. Then again, it isn't normal to expect you to be normal :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People like me are needed too na dear? :) We make people like you laugh na? :)

      Delete
  2. Ahw!....This is really cute story...Enjoyed reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe :) Thanks Valli! I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  3. This poem sounds as if it came straight from the mind of a child. I loved it; kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adelia! Thanks for the HUGE compliment! :)

      Delete

Like what read? Leave a comment and let me know!
Hate what you read? Leave the page! =)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...