Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tall Claims Maimed!


If I had the power to change something,
I would change my height, with all my might!

I went to a baba Bengali and even a Gujarati,
But they couldn't get me any taller at all!

I popped many pills and did funny drills,
But nothing worked an inch for me at all!

Hermoine's polyjuice potions gave me bad motions,
But they cured my ails none at all!

Dumbledore waved his wand, and made me stand on a stand, 
But that didn't last for too long!

Hagrid drove me nuts, and chased me around his hut,
But that didn't grow my stubborn bones one inch!

All I wish for is a five feet nine,
Then I swear I won't whine by the river Nile!

I tried and cried, all day and night,
But it was all for nothing at all!

Abra-ca-dabra worked for me hardly,
I am still stuck at four feet four sadly!

I guess Voldemort's cursed me with an irrevocable curse,
And so my fate is doomed and damned for years!

Alas! One last time! If I had the power to change something,
I would change my height with all my might!


This post was a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers 
by BlogAdda and it got selected among the topmost entries for WOW.
Here is the link: WOW winners for 'If I had the power to change'

(This poem is also a dedication to all the short people in the world, 
especially women, like ME!)

P.S. I am not 4'4! I am a little over that! :)

4 comments:

  1. Colorful imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well! I am not too happy with this one! But I wanted to write something unusual than the usual 'If I had the power to change something, I would change/save the world/water/women/children/climate blah blah' :)

      Delete
  2. nice <3
    I am your new follower
    do follow back if you like

    Regards
    vandana
    http://vanduchoudhary.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Like what read? Leave a comment and let me know!
Hate what you read? Leave the page! =)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...